FAQ at Gardenia Boutique Hotel
Below are the top 14 most Frequently Asked Questions we encounter, please feel free to contact us should you require any more information on the below :) See you Soon!
1. Is it safe to travel in South Africa?
- We get asked this question ALL the time and the answer is YES!!! Like all major cities in the world, there are certain areas to avoid however that shouldn't take away from the experiences and good moments you will share whilst on your trip to South Africa. However below we have included some safety tips for your journey.
• Make sure no one can see you enter your PIN or transaction amount at an ATM and never accept any help from strangers.
• Avoid carrying all your valuables (including your passport) and large sums of cash in your purse.
• Use a reliable registered taxi service.
• Store emergency numbers on your phone and make sure it is charged before you leave your hotel
• Don’t allow your children to wander off on their own make sure you always have an eye on them
2. What is your booking and cancellation policy?
- All of our bookings can be made online through our website or through the contact us now button, our friendly on hand staff will be willing to assist you in every process of the way to ensure a smooth booking process. Upon booking a 50% deposit will be deducted in order to secure the reservation with the balance payable upon arrival.
Our cancellation policy:
· up to 21 days before date of arrival: 100% of the deposit will be refunded.
· within 14 days before the date of arrival, the full deposit will be retained.
· within 7 days before date of arrival, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
3. Where about in Johannesburg is Gardenia Boutique Hotel based?
- Gardenia Boutique Hotel is situated in the safe neighbourhood of Craighall Park, we are located just 700m away from the trendy Hyde Park Corner Shopping Centre. Have a look here for more info and detailed directions.
4. Do the rates shown include breakfast?
- Yes, All of our rates are inclusive of Bed & Breakfast which is served daily in our dining room on a made to order hot breakfast. Unfortunately we do not have rates that are exclusive of Breakfast.
5. Do you cater for vegetarian, gluten-free, diabetic and Halaal guests?
- Yes, all of the above can be catered for if dietary requirements are indicated at time of booking or communicated to us prior to your arrival.
In terms of Halaal offering we do stock a entirely separate pan that is used to only cook Halaal approved meat which is sourced from a certified and registered Halaal butchery.
6. Do you offer a pick up service from the airport?
- Yes, we can arrange a meet-and-greet pick up from the airport for you. The cost is dependant on vehicle type and number of passengers, Kindly provide your exact flight details including flight number, and we will confirm the arrangements and cost for you.
If you book your accommodation online via this site, please advise if you require this service.
7. Do you exchange money?
- We unfortunately do not exchange any foreign currency at Gardenia Boutique Hotel, however as mentioned we are situated 700m away from a Shopping mall which has banks in that offer this service, should this be the make or break of your accommodation choice please feel free to contact us to see if we can be of assistance.
8. Do you serve meals such as Lunch and Dinner at Gardenia Boutique Hotel?
- This can be arranged and meals cooked by our superb in house chef however please take note that should you wish to have Lunch or Dinner at Gardenia Boutique Hotel you are required to let us know beforehand as we do not believe in frozen food and rather buy all of our ingredients fresh.
9. Do you have parking Facilities?
- Yes, we have an onsite parking lot that can accomodate all guest vehicles, our parking is free and of no additional charge. We have CCTV camera's throughout our parking lot in order to ensure the safety of your vehicle whilst on out premises.
10. Do you offer Laundry facilities?
-Yes we do offer laundry services and guarantee same day turnaround provided that laundry is handed in to reception before 10am. The charge of laundry is dependant on weight and items provided for laundry.
11. Is the reception open 24 hours a day?
-No, our reception is open from 7am until 6pm daily however there is always a staff member onsite that is available to assist you and your requests regardless of the time.
12. Do you allow pets?
- Whilst we are animal lovers ourselves, we unfortunately do not allow any pets onsite.
13. Which credit cards do you accept for payment?
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Diners club and American Express credit cards
14. Do you allow smoking?
- All of our rooms are non-smoking rooms however we have designated locations situated around property where smoking is allowed.